Full course description
What is this course about?
The UAF Canvas Catalog framework is intended for non-credit courses, both free and fee-based, associated with the University of Alaska Fairbanks. This course has been designed as an introduction to using this framework and to walk course developers and sub-catalog account managers through the process of creating a course listing at north.uaf.edu.
Who should take this course
Anyone who needs to create a course hosted on the UAF Canvas Catalog.
This short course should take 1.5 - 2 hours to complete. It is self-paced.
In this course, there are three modules. You will follow the topics outlined below:
- Catalog Overview
- Your Catalog Team
- Courses, Programs & Certificates Overview
- Course Development Process Overview
- How to Request a Sub-Catalog
Step I - Create Your Course in Canvas
- Complete All Items
- For Course Developers
- Canvas Shell Setup
- Canvas Tutorials Part I - Dashboard, Modules & Requirements, Pages, Content Editor
- Canvas Tutorials Part II - Assignments, Quizzes, Discussion, Grades
- Canvas Tutorials Part III - Course Settings, Customize the Home Page
- How to Get Help & Additional Resources
For Account Managers
- Canvas Course Creation
- Adding Course Developers
Step II - Create a Listing in Catalog
- Instructions for Course Developers
- Instructions for Account Managers
In order to receive a certificate of completion, you must view each module topic and check the box to 'Mark as Done'.